"Elton John" Performance Health and Cancelled all of Concert

"Elton John" Performance Health and Cancelled all of Concert- Update by EXTRA NEWS AND HEALTH

Elton John Cancels Concerts After Contracting ‘Rare and Potentially Deadly’ Bacterial Infection. update by usmagazine

Elton John has cancelled all of his concert dates through May after a terrifying health scare.

Although the legendary singer-songwriter, 70, is now on the mend, he was forced to pull out of the April and May dates of his Las Vegas residency, The Million Dollar Piano, at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, and his May 6 performance in Bakersfield, California.

Elton John Performance Health and Cancelled all of Concert


“During a recent, successful tour of South America, Elton contracted a harmful and unusual bacterial infection,” his rep said in a statement, via ABC News. “During his return flight home from Santiago, Chile, he became violently ill. Upon returning to the UK, Elton’s doctors admitted him to [the] hospital, where he underwent immediate treatment to remove the infection."

John was released from the hospital on Saturday, April 22, and is now “comfortably resting at home” following two days in intensive care and an extended hospital stay. “Infections of this nature are rare and potentially deadly,” the statement continued. "Thankfully, Elton’s medical team identified this quickly and treated it successfully. He is expected to make a full and complete recovery.”

The Grammy winner also apologized to his fans in a statement. “I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologize for disappointing them,” John said. “I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after me so well.”

The “Tiny Dancer” singer will return to the stage on Saturday, June 3, for his performance in Twickenham, England. source: UsMagazine.Com


Elton John rushed into intensive care after contracting 'potentially deadly' infection. Update by Telegraph

Sir Elton John has revealed he contracted a "potentially deadly" bacterial infection in South America that put him in intensive care.

The singer became "violently ill" during a flight back to Britain from Santiago, Chile, where he performed on April 10.

The 70 year-old has cancelled a series of forthcoming performances as he recovers from the serious illness.

Elton John Performance Health and Cancelled all of Concert

It was the final show at the end of a six-concert tour that also included stops in Brazil and Argentina.

Sir Elton was admitted to hospital back in Britain and spent two nights in intensive care.

"During his return flight home from Santiago, Chile he became violently ill. Upon returning to the UK, Sir Elton's doctors admitted him to hospital, where he underwent immediate treatment to remove the infection," a statement on behalf of the singer said.

"After spending two nights in intensive care followed by an extended stay in hospital, Elton was released from hospital on Saturday, April 22 and is now comfortably resting at home per doctors advice."

Sir Elton apologised to his fans and praised the medical care he had received.

"I am so fortunate to have the most incredible and loyal fans and apologise for disappointing them," he said in a statement.
"I am extremely grateful to the medical team for their excellence in looking after me so well." he said.

Sir Elton cancelled the April and May dates of his Las Vegas residency and a show in Bakersfield, California - six dates in total - but is expected to make a full recovery and hopes to return for his concert at Twickenham on June 3.

"Infections of this nature are rare and potentially deadly. Thankfully, Elton's medical team identified this quickly and treated it successfully. He is expected to make a full and complete recovery," the statement said.

The South America tour, which also featured American singer James Taylor, was hailed as a success.

Sir Elton has continued to tour despite reports last year that he was preparing to retire to spend more time with his family. He has two sons, Zachary and Elijah, with husband David Furnish.

In a career spanning half a century he has sold more than 300 million records as well as dedicating considerable time to charity work.

The Elton John Aids Foundation has raised nearly £300 million in efforts to stop the disease.

Sir Elton, a Grammy, Oscar and Tony winner for his work in film and theatre, is working on a score for a Broadway musical adaptation of the comedy-drama The Devil Wears Prada.

In December last year, Sir Elton postponed a concert in Dubai twice after falling ill.

However, that rescheduled show was subsequently itself postponed to December 2017.

In December 2015, Sir Elton was pictured in a wheelchair while on a visit to Disneyland with Furnish and Elijah. It was unclear why he was using the wheelchair and there was no statement from his representatives at the time.

He was forced to cancel a concert at Hyde Park when he was diagnosed with appendicitis requiring immediate surgery.

“I knew I was sick but I didn’t know I had such a dangerous thing inside of me until I had a scan, which was after nine shows, 24 flights and a summer ball. I could have easily died,” he said.

“Of course, your sense of your mortality kicks in. This is a wake-up call. I’m not 36 anymore. I want to write another musical for Broadway and I want to spend more time with my children. I don’t have to tour. I don’t need the money. I just love playing.

"When I had the operation, I said: 'This has got to stop, this is crazy, why am I doing this?’ I’m a great believer in signs coming to you in life to tell you something. This appendix thing, it’s so lucky I didn’t die. So I’m treating is as a sign in great big letters saying ‘for ----’s sake, get a grip!'” Souce: Telegraph.Co.Uk

Elton John, 70, cancels Las Vegas shows after intensive care battle with 'potentially deadly' bacterial infection. Update by DailyMail

  • The musician fell 'violently ill' on flight back to the UK from Santiago, Chile
  • John was on intensive care ward for two nights as doctors battled infection
  • He is resting at home after 12 day stay and is expected to make 'full recovery'
  • John has cancelled string of Las Vegas shows in April and May and will return to stage on June 6


Elton John was left in intensive care after being struck down by a 'potentially deadly' bacterial infection in South America this month.

The 70-year-old star has subsequently cancelled his Las Vegas shows in April and May, after falling 'violently ill' on a flight back to the UK from Santiago, Chile.

On Saturday, the musician returned home to 'rest' on the advice of doctors having received emergency treatment in a UK hospital, where he is believed to have stayed for 12 days, two of which were on an intensive care ward.

The 70-year-old musician will no longer perform any of his scheduled gigs at Caesars Palace for the next two months. source: DailyMail.Co.Uk

Thank you to read the article "Elton John Performance Health and Cancelled all of Concert" in EXTRA NEWS AND HEALTH blog.

0 Response to ""Elton John" Performance Health and Cancelled all of Concert"

Post a Comment